Careers at Direct
At Direct, we provide lodging operators with a sleek, enterprise-grade software platform that's purpose-built for coordinating short-term rental operations, distribution, guest engagement, accounting, and third-party integrations.
We're seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and technical Account Executive to join our growing team. Have you proven yourself as a B2B software sales professional, and are you interested in joining a fast-growing technology company? Are you ready for an opportunity to capitalize with an organization that has product-market fit in multiple verticals within a massive industry? Do you want to work remotely on a team where you have the freedom and autonomy to do your job, and make money where it works best for you?
At a high level, the Account Executive ("AE") is tasked with selling our end-to-end software platform to vacation rental managers (and other professional short-term rental operators) who want to stand apart from their competition by using a next-gen solution that helps them scale. You’ll be responsible for prospecting new customers, executing a qualitative sales process, maintaining your pipeline, and hitting your monthly quota. We offer a generous comp package that is tiered to incentivize those who exceed quota. If you’re motivated by helping people, and making money, let’s talk.
The AE is a key contributor to the Company’s sales organization, aiding in growing the Company’s revenues and base of customers, and working cross-functionally with other departments to ensure customers are set up for success from day one. This is a fantastic opportunity for an earner who has a proven track record of success in B2B software sales, and is ready to join a company poised for tremendous growth.
If this sounds like you, then...
You’re good at
- Self-starting and maintaining a healthy pipeline
- Building rapport with high-impact targets and customers
- Expertly navigating a qualitative sales process
- Paying close attention to detail and staying organized
- Setting expectations, ensuring a customers is set up for a first-class experience
- 3+ years experience with inside B2B sales, from prospecting to closing
- An interest in the travel, hospitality, and/or real estate technology (a passion is a plus)
- Sold SaaS and/or online services
- Knowledge and familiarity maintaining a pipeline using CRMs (Hubspot is preferred)
- Start-up hustle
- Being part of a team-oriented salesforce
- Leadership, our team is comprised of earners who help their teammates
- Sourcing and identifying new potential customers for the Company
- Maintaining an organized database of leads, prospects and customers through Hubspot, and managing a pipeline of qualified leads throughout the entire sales cycle
- Supporting and solving problems for potential customers by understanding and satisfying their needs and challenges, and guiding them through the buying process
- Performing prospecting activities such as cold calling, cold emailing and other networking activities to identify potential target accounts
- Preparing for and attending customer meetings, including discovery calls, comprehensive product demos, and other presentations
- Performing complex sales negotiations to help close deals
- Coordinating with the Account Success team to ensure successful product setup, integration, and account maintenance
- Maintaining a strict cadence for prospect engagement that will lead to faster conversion rates and ensure that leads are being properly attended to
- Preparing in-depth proposals to assist with closing new business
- Meeting and exceeding sales revenue, sales profitability and budgetary objectives
- Recommending sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) by demonstrating a deep understanding of Direct’s product offering, product and market differentiation, industry trends and how they impact our customers and their needs
- Carrying out, on a day-to-day basis, policies, procedures and project deliverables, and working efficiently to ensure goals (calls, emails, conversions, etc.) are delivered/met
- In collaboration with the Account Success team, following up with customers regularly to ensure needs are being met and identifying opportunities
- Assisting with future sales training programs for new employees
- Working closely with the marketing team to provide insight on consumer behavior, and assist with the development of lead generation and revenue generation programs.
- Continually strive to improve the effectiveness of the sales organization and enhance productivity, efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Anticipating and reacting quickly to trends and changes in the industry
- Helping to streamline the sales processes over time
- Representing Direct at trade shows, association events and networking events to promote the company’s product
- Retaining existing customers by providing ongoing support if needed and developing strong customer relationships
- Resolving customer issues and questions that arise before the deal has closed
- Working in close conjunction with the Account Success team to help grow existing customer accounts to increase revenue
- Checking and responding to emails from customers and prospects to ensure timely communications
- Working collaboratively with marketing and product teams to develop sales strategies for new and existing products
- Attending daily sales meetings to solve problems and set the day’s priorities
- Proven experience as an Account Executive, or similar sales/business development role
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- CRM Experience – solid understanding of how to use a CRM system, update records, leverage CRM tools, etc.
- Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills to quickly find creative solutions to any customer issues that may arise
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Hubspot, Google Suite, Slack, Asana, and Trello
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and team-oriented
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics
- At least 2+ years of experience in sales with a strong track record of success
- Experience selling Enterprise SaaS products is preferred
- Experience with the vacation rental industry is highly desirable, but not required
Benefits and Perks
- Health Insurance: Get peace of mind with best in class medical insurance through with Blue Cross Blue Shield, and dental and vision insurance through EMI Health
- 401K: Save for retirement while lowering your taxable income by contributing on a pre-tax basis - smaller tax bite on your annual salary in the short-term, and extra security in the long-run as your investments grow tax-free until you’re ready to retire
- Paid Time Off: In addition to several planned and unplanned paid days off for holidays, we also provide 24 PTO days annually with an allotment to rollover unused days
- Stock Options: Every team member at Direct has earned stock options, and if you work hard, you'll also have skin in the game as we work towards exciting goals
Interested in the role? Send your resume to email@example.com, and we'll be in touch!